My Co-op addresses a full range of co-operative education pre-placement and integration topics for students in a single, easy-to-read volume.
My Co-op employs an activity-based approach. Instructive text is presented as a series of short readings accompanied by graphics and illustrations. Chapters include key terms, detailed definitions, in-text questions, and an icon system that relates readings to corresponding activities and their accompanying line masters. Line masters and assessment tools are available as a consumable workbook or as a free download to adopters.
- Engaging Student Activities: Accompanying activities aim to address higher-order literacy, numeracy, thinking/inquiry, problem solving, research, and group work. In addition to exploring the text, students create their own content through research and other experiential learning opportunities.
- Soft Skills Development: Students are encouraged to develop and exercise various positive attitudes and behaviours in the workplace, such as personal responsibility, self-discipline, self-motivation, and personal hygiene.
- Foundational Resource: My Co-op is a new and easy way to ensure consistency of delivery and to save time preparing and delivering a co-operative education program.
- Am I Right for This?
- From Resumé to Job Application
- Your Best Foot Forward
- What You Should Know About Workplace Safety
- What You Should Know About Privacy, Confidentiality, and Ethics at Work
- What You Should Know About Employment Standards and Human Rights
- What You Should Know About Unions and Collective Bargaining
- How the Workplace Is Changing: Future Trends in Employment
- How the Workplace Is Changing: Gender on the Job
- Managing Difficult Situations at Work
- Success in the Workplace
- Epilogue: Next Steps
- What to Do If...?
- Creating an Essential Skills Portfolio
- Showcasing Your Work
The My Co-op Teacher's Resource is an indispensable companion to the student book. This collection of classroom-ready materials is designed to save you time and includes: programming strategies, line masters in both paper and CD-ROM format, assessment and evaluation tools, and answers to questions in the student book.
ISBN: 978-1-55239-496-0 Net Price: $199.95
Contact us for more information on the Teacher's Resource.
Sales of Teacher’s Resources are restricted to educational institutions and professional teachers.
My Co-op Text and Workbook Package
Colour: Full colour
Colour: Full colour
My Co-op Workbook
Colour: One colour